What will a member need to do?

If a member is affected by these changes they don’t need to do anything until we contact them in relation to their excess service.

This will be to make them aware of the relevant contributions we’ll be moving to the Local Government Pension Scheme and of the compensation they’ll receive from us. This is because there’s a difference in contribution rates between the two schemes.

We’ll be asking for their bank details so we can provide them with any compensation due and will inform them when the service has been moved to the Local Government Pension Scheme and when their excess contribution compensation will be paid.

More information on the changes can be found our Transitional Protection web pages.

Last Updated: 06/03/2024 15:09


Looking for a Form? Our forms page has everything you'll need to get started.



See how members pensions are built and explore the available options.



Find the answers with our range of Frequently Asked Questions.