Family and dependants

The forms, guides and leaflets below are provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). To view PDF files, you need Adobe Reader. The program is available for free if you don't already have it. 

Form Description 
Applications to cover additional service for family pensions

If you've accrued additional service and want to include this as part of your family benefits, please complete this form and return it to us.

Application for death benefits

If you are a beneficiary of a Teachers' Pension and your benefactor has passed away, please complete this form to claim your death benefits.

Death grant nomination

You should complete a death grant nomination form to elect the individual(s) you would like to receive any death grant which may be payable under the Teachers’ Pensions regulations. You can also complete this form online.

Notification of partner

Your spouse or civil partner will automatically receive your pension in the event of your death. If you do not have a spouse or civil partner and wish to notify Teachers’ Pensions of a qualifying partner who will be eligible to receive qualifying partner benefits you’ll need to complete this form. If you wish to nominate any other eligible person, you'll need to complete the form below.

Nomination of financially dependent relative (not a partner)

To nominate a financially dependent relative who is not a partner, as a beneficiary, you can complete this form online.

Pensions on divorce and dissolution

If you need to request a cash equivalent transfer as part of divorce proceedings, you must complete this form.        

Pensions on divorce and dissolution: Administration charges

A list of charges for the administration of Pension Sharing orders and agreements.

Last Updated: 05/03/2021 11:03


Get your questions about family benefits answered.

Read our FAQs


Please ensure you inform us of a member's death.

Download PDF


Find out what you can do with MPO.

Watch our video