Teachers' Pensions

What’s your Teachers’ Pensions Reference number and how can you find it?

We’ve had an increase of members enquiring about their Teachers’ Pensions Reference number (also known as the DfE number). This is the number given to you when you qualify as a teacher in the UK. It’s important that you keep a note of it. But don’t worry if you’ve misplaced it, here’s how you can find it:

  • Ask your employer – they’ll hold a record of your individual DfE number
  • Check any previous correspondence – we’ll have used this number in any previous communications
  • Call us on 0345 606 6166 and verify your identity
  • If you work in Wales, please contact the Education Workforce Council on 0292 046 0099.
  • If you work for a High Education or Further Education establishment please contact your employer initially who can provide your number.  
Last Updated: 07/08/2017 13:02

Was this information helpful?

Rate this Article:

Average rating:

This item has 0 ratings.

Related Information

My Pension Online


News archive

750000 mpo

Latest News

The latest policy updates and announcements about the scheme and the news that affects it:

HMRC – Pensioner tax codes
Repayment form issues
Ill-health retirement benefits