Teachers' Pensions
Your pension and divorce

Your pension and divorce

You'll find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about divorce and the Teachers' Pension Scheme here.

  • I'm currently going through a divorce, what do I need to do?

    You’ll need to contact us to request a Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (CETV). This can be an estimated CETV or a guaranteed statement of entitlement (commonly referred to as a Guaranteed Transfer Value or GTV). We recommend that you speak to your solicitor to confirm which version you’ll need.

    You can request a CETV or GTV by sending us a message via My Pension Online or calling our contact centre on 0345 606 6166.

  • I’m in receipt of a pension and my pension share has been processed. When will my pension be reduced?

    Your current pension is due to be reduced from the effective date in the pension sharing order. This will happen within four months of all the information being provided including any associated fees. If there is any overpayment of your pension as a consequence of the order it will be recovered from your future pension payments.


Ready to apply? Our forms page has everything you'll need to get started.



Get an insight into how your pension is built and explore your options.



Find the answers with our range of Frequently Asked Questions.


Related Information

My Pension Online