What will you need to do?

If you’re affected by these changes you don’t need to do anything until we contact you in relation to your excess service.

This will be to make you aware of the relevant contributions we’ll be moving to the Local Government Pension Scheme and of the compensation you’ll receive from us. This is because there’s a difference in contribution rates between the two schemes.

We’ll be asking for your bank details to provide you with any compensation due and will inform you when the service has been moved to the Local Government Pension Scheme and when your excess contribution compensation will be paid to you.

If you want to understand more on the changes, you can find more information on our Transitional Protection web pages.

Last Updated: 24/01/2024 13:58


Ready to apply? Our forms page has everything you'll need to get started.



Get an insight into how your pension is built and explore your options.



Find the answers with our range of Frequently Asked Questions.