Appeal against the complaint decision

UPDATE 26th March 2020

If you’re wishing to contact the Department for Education regarding a complaint please can you do this via the contact us form on their website (This link opens in a new window). As you will appreciate they are currently unable to receive post. If you can complete the online form this will mean they’re able to respond to your query as normal.

In your message please be clear that you have received a response to a complaint from Teachers' Pensions that you wish to dispute. You must provide your full name, date of birth, National Insurance number, Teachers' Pensions Reference number and your contact details. Please also provide further evidence and the reason(s) why you feel that Teachers' Pensions have made an incorrect decision or have not fully dealt with your complaint.

If you want to do this, you must do so within six months of the date of our initial reply. Your appeal will be considered by the Department for Education who will aim to provide a response within 15 working days. Teachers' Pensions will provide the address to write when we believe we have fully answered the complaint. In the rare instances when the Department consider that an appeal has been raised under IDRP but Teachers' Pensions have not adequately addressed the original complaint, they will refer the case back to Teachers' Pensions to provide a comprehensive response. Should you continue to remain dissatisfied, you can write back to the Department for Education under the schemes' IDRP

If you posted a letter of complaint to the Department for Education after 16th March 2020 they will be unable to retrieve the letter at this current time.

What to do if you're still unhappy